[tex-live] pclnfss?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Oct 5 23:11:51 CEST 2010

On 5 October 2010 Joseph Wright wrote:

 > Hello all,
 >
 > Running some old files, I find that arial.sty has disappeared from TeX
 > Live 2010. This seems to be due to the removal of the pclnfss bundle. I
 > wonder why this has happened: the license looks OK according to CTAN.
 > What am I missing?

TeX Live doesn't provide font packages any more which don't contain
the "real" fonts but only support files.

Regards,
  Reinhard

  <description>
    Pclnfss provides package and fd files for selecting and using the
    standard 45 scalable fonts built into most PCL laser printers,
    together with metrics and virtual font files.
  </description>

Marschnerstr. 25