[tex-live] The adforn package.

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 14:03:31 CEST 2010

2010/10/4 Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk>:
> Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
>
>> On 4 October 2010 Robin Fairbairns wrote:
>>
>>  > Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>>  >
>>  > >     Subject: [tex-live] The adforn package.
>>  > >
>>  > > Thanks for the report, but this bug needs to go to the package
>>  > > maintainer, ie, Clea.  I've forwarded it.
>>  >
>>  > istm this is a latex-on-mac bug rather than something of clea's.
>>
>> I can reproduce the problem on Linux too with the following file:
>> [...]
>
> beat me to it (i have work to do as well as all this ;-)
>
> there is a test that looks to see if
> \lowercase{<encoding><familyname>.fd> exists.  this won't work with the
> adforn fonts, so clea (i guess) needs to change the name of the .fd
> files.
>
> meanwhile, i'll raise a latex bug, so that this gets documented (if it
> isn't already).  this may take a while; the bug (probably) won't get
> fixed, since the chance of latex 2e being released again is pretty
> small.  fixltx2e may pick up a work-around some time, and fntguide may
> even mention it.

I think it is documented somewhere in the NFSS2 but I have not dealt
with it for a long time. AFAIK the file names of the *fd files were
changed to lowercase long time ago in order to make them work on case
insensitive file systems. And of couse, there is no uenc.def because U
means undefined and thus no \DeclareTextCommand and \DeclareTextAccent
commands make sense here.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/