[tex-live] recent update of whatever broke pdfjadetex?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 13:49:12 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 2:47 AM, Heiko Oberdiek
<heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:49:10PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
>
>> I guess it is hyperref, but I am not sure ... It seems that
>> pdfjadetex is broken:
>>
>>       fmtutil-sys --byfmt pdfjadetex
>> gives:
>> (/home/norbert/tl/2010/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/atbegshi.sty))
>>
>> Package hyperref Message: Driver (autodetected): hpdftex.
>>
>> (/home/norbert/tl/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hyperref/hpdftex.def
>> ! Undefined control sequence.
>> \pdf at ifdraftmode ->\ifnum \pdf at draftmode

[2010/11/22 v6.81u %

Even minimal example

\documentclass[article]
\usepackage{hyperref}
\begin{document}
blah
\end{document}
returns this error (rather harmless if one just continues)

> Thanks, update on its way (that replaces \pdf at draftmode by \pdfdraftmode).

Thanks! Manual replacement at the single place (where it occurs) line 128 in
/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hyperref/hyperref.sty
saves the day - for those who does not want to wait for an update making its way

> Yours sincerely
>  Heiko Oberdiek

Victor