[tex-live] MacTeX: luatex fmtutil failed

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri Nov 26 03:58:15 CET 2010

On  25 Nov, 2010, at 20:18, Norbert Preining wrote:

> On Fr, 26 Nov 2010, Robert Eckl wrote:
>>> 	which fmtutil
>>> say on the command line.
>>
>> /opt/local/bin/fmtutil (after a new installation of TL)
>
> That looks *VERY* fishy .... I don't think this is the right place.
> How did that file end up there, I don't believe that any of TL,
> MacTeXor TLContrib puts files there.
>
> Maybe you did yourself copies at some point???

It looks like a MacPorts install of TeXLive. See question 3 here:

http://www.tug.org/mactex/faq/

On  25 Nov, 2010, at 16:04, Robert Eckl wrote:

> If I copy luatex to /usr/texbin i get fatal format file error.

/usr/texbin/ is not a real directory, but a symlink to, in my machine,

/usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/x86_64-darwin

Although everything seems fine already with your system, it might be good to read the FAQ above.

Best

Axel