[tex-live] tlmgr asked me to report this

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 13:45:42 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 2:53 AM, Dan Luecking <luecking at uark.edu> wrote:

> Seems harmless, but it asked me to report it:
>
> I ran
>  tlmgr update --all
> all seemed to go well, except this
>
>  [1/11] auto-remove: asciichart
>  [2/11, ??:??/??:??] update: advdate [146k] (17048 -> 20538) ... done
>  tlmgr: inconsistency on the server:
>  tlmgr: tlp for package asciichart cannot be found, please report.
>
> All went well after that. asciichart was in fact removed (and ascii-chart
> installed later on). Package repository was
>  http://mirror.math.ku.edu/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet

I saw this on one machine, but not a 2nd machine that I updated from the
same server a few minutes later.  I assumed it was little issue with the
server (e.g., database and files momentarily not in sync), but funny that
one package seems to have a similar issue for many users and different
servers.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia