[tex-live] Feature requests tlmgr

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 16 19:33:13 CET 2010

On 2010-11-16 19:29, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2010, at 07:19 , Pander wrote:
>
>> Thanks. Perhaps we can merge all into one python script that will do
>> dynamic imports so it support multiple platforms.
>
> My code is under BSD license, so you're welcome to use it.
> However, I'm not inclined to ship code for other platforms
> in my program, simply because I don't have time to test or
> maintain it.  I may refactor it a bit, though, so it would
> be easier to extract the cross-platform parts.

I have made a very simple script suitable for cross platform but
supports Ubuntu/Debian the best. When tlmgr has updates again, I can
test it if finalise it and post it on this list. Perhaps it can call
your script in case it runs on a Mac. Well, we'll later after I have
published the code. Thanks so far.

> If you choose to support Windows, you're opening a huge
> can of worms, if you use a scripting language; you can't
> guarantee Python or (ba)sh will be present.

That is for other developers.