[tex-live] w32transplant beta

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Tue Nov 16 19:13:05 CET 2010

Hi list

my first version of w32transplant is available via

http://home.imf.au.dk/daleif/tmp/w32transplant/

it seems to be able to integrate a TL installation copied from one PC to
another. Please test it. For now I've tested it on Win 7.

There seems to be a slight issue with the general TL uninstaller, on
several occasions it has left files and directories behind. (observed
with both the uninstaller istalled by w32transplant and with the one
installed by the net installer).

On at least two occasions said that texmf-dist/bibtex/bib as not empty,
it was empty after closer inspection later on. And several more
examples. There were more example of these non-empty folder messages.

BTW: in the command prompt where  w32transplant is running, what is the
best methond to write a message to the user? I'd like to write something
like

"Integrating transplanted TeX Live installation, this may take a little
while, please wait"

BTW2: I assume the uninstaller is using the TLPDB to know which files to
remove. How can we add files to this? Such that if for example one added
w32transplat to TL before creating the donor ZIP, then one could get the
uninstaller to remember to remove it if the user wanted to uninstall TL
later on.

--

/daleif