[tex-live] Update all installed failed

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Nov 16 14:53:04 CET 2010

On Di, 16 Nov 2010, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
> Nor am I suggesting that you should.  At any one time,
> you are trying to update only one file.  That is the
> only file that needs to be checked to see if it is
> open.

No, we are unpacking a tar file which can contain quite a lot of
files. Even checking every file that is going to be removed/updated
for bein in use seems to be like a PITA.

> Reasonable ?

Not reasonable in the sense that it seems that a full realization
of what you are asking is *much* more than any update program of
windows itself, microsoft prodcuts in general, and all other programs
are doing. And that from hobby programmers as their spare time
activity seems to be a quite unreasonable request for me.

Best wishes

Norbert