[tex-live] texworks in TL 2010

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Nov 13 19:54:52 CET 2010

OK, my thanks to everyone for the pointer to the "red button",
but can anyone explain why E/Q/S/X/Ctrl-Z do not work as
expected ?  The behaviour is as follows :

	E (appears in lowest pane)
	<return> (E migrates to middle pane)
	2nd E
	<return> : "I cannot find emacs in the PATH."

	Q (appears in lowest pane)
	<return> (Q migrates to middle pane)
	2nd Q
	<return> : "OK, entering \batchmode"
	(but no indication that compilation has finished)

	S (appears in lowest pane)
	<return> (S migrates to middle pane)
	2nd S
	<return> : "OK, entering \scrollmode"
	(and a clear indication that compilation has finished)

	X (appears in lowest pane)
	<return> (X migrates to middle pane)
	2nd X
	<return> : "No pages of output.  Transcript written on ..."

	Ctrl-Z ("e" appears in lowest pane)
	<return> ("e" migrates to middle pane)
	2nd Ctrl-Z
	<return> : "No pages of output.  Transcript written on ..."

** Phil.