[tex-live] Update all installed failed

Raphael Schweizer rschweizer at schweizer-informatik.ch
Sat Nov 13 19:46:06 CET 2010

On 13.11.2010, at 18:40, "Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)" <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:
> ... my only point was that a Windows user would
> normally expect to be informed that a file was locked, and and told
> which application was responsible, rather than being given an
> obscure message concerning file protection/permissions.
>
> ** Phil.

As an experienced (imho) windows user I strongly disagree with the above statement, even Windows itself won't usually tell which process is preventing delete/move/overwrit-ing a file. (It'd really be great when trying to unmount an USB device.) [Yes, the sysinternals tools do, but thats irrelevant here.]

- Raphael