[tex-live] Update all installed failed

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sat Nov 13 14:16:36 CET 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 12:46:27PM +0000, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

> Norbert Preining wrote:
>
> >>So how does one update that through the GUI ?
> >
> >  Options->General
> >
> >>I do not wish to be difficult, particularly because you are doing
> >>your best to help, but if a program such as TLMGR has a GUI interface,
> >>then "the average man on the top deck of a Number 53 Clapham Common
> >
> >Going into Options-General seems to be a quite common activity
> >to adjust a programs behaviour.
>
> Well, maybe in the Unix world.  In the Windows world,
> we look for such things under Edit/Preferences :-)

I don't recall ever seeing an application with Options menu either.

To be honest I find tlmgr gui one of the badly designed and confusing
gui apps I have ever used, but I'd do even worse myself (if I can do
anything that work in the first place), so I'm not complaining. I find
its cli much better.

Regards,
 Khaled

--