[tex-live] texworks in TL 2010

Andreas Hirsch nishni_nowgorod at gaponline.de
Sat Nov 13 10:01:33 CET 2010

quoting Taco Hoekwater, [13.11.2010 09:45 +0100]:

> But I agree that for a non-beginner (*any* non-beginner) changing the
> default should be a simple one-time action, so the default may as well
> be some latex-y format to please the crowd (however, I would have
> chosen xelatex in that case ...)

This seems to me the same direction as Reinhard mentioned. As I'm only
familiar with LaTeX I could not assess the situation.

Maybe its a good idea for the usergroups to give a guideline 'from LaTeX
to ...' which could help users like me to go towords the 'new common
system' ...

Where are questions like 'whats about my old stuff' or 'have I to
re-write my private sty-files' and more ...

Andreas

--
'Computer power is a supplement
for brain power - not a substitute.'