[tex-live] tlmgr persistent downloads not working?

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Nov 9 06:59:06 CET 2010

On Nov 8, 2010, at 20:19 , Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> $ tlmgr update --list --persistent-downloads -v --repository http://mirror.unl.edu/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet

BTW, in case --persistent-downloads doesn't work by design with --list (TLPDB.pm comments imply that wget is always used), note that it also isn't working with an actual update action, either:

$ sudo /usr/texbin/tlmgr -v --repository http://mirrors.med.harvard.edu/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet/ --machine-readable --persistent-downloads update answers

The TLDownload seems to be created (new is called), but in TLUtils.pm

if (defined($::tldownload_server) && $::tldownload_server->enabled)

seems to be false the first time it's called, and there's no debug message in that case.  Skipping the condition, I get a message that it's retrying with wget, but I don't know enough perl to debug any of this properly :/.

thanks,
Adam