[tex-live] tlmgr and TEXINPUTS

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Tue Nov 9 00:19:19 CET 2010

On 2010-11-09 00:09, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Lars Madsen<daleif at imf.au.dk>  wrote:
>> On 2010-11-08 23:50, Norbert Preining wrote:
>>>

>> tlmgr update --all
>>
>> and perhaps one the might do
>>
>> tlmgr update --all
>

> You mean
>
>   tlmgr update  --self
>
> Two "tlmgr update --all" buttons would cause "Buridan ass dilemma" and
> mass confusion and may be even a flame war between left and right
> buttoners :-)
>
> Victor

no actually I meant --list in the last case

Incidentally I just ran

tlmgr -gui

on my Ubuntu

Hit 'Update all installed'

it loaded the DB gave me a message that it needed to update itself and
would I please press 'Update all installed' again.

Behind the list was reduced to the infra update, and then the graphical
tlmgr crashed

luckily for me I started from a terminal, so I got the

Please update the package manager first, via either
   tlmgr update --self

message

(don't know if the infra update was to fix some of this...)

/daleif