[tex-live] [texhax] amsmath update - any changes?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 12:04:57 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 5:46 AM, Robin Fairbairns
<Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And if I want to find why elsevier was removed today how I can find it
>> out (no, I do not want to know WHY, I want to know HOW CAN I LEARN
>> WHY)
>
> you learn why by waiting for me to get around to announcing our reasons.
>
> i've other important things to do ... like earning a living.
>
> robin

Robin, now I see that

http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=elsevier

it was removed from CTAN (not just from TL) and it looks to be
replaced(?) by elsarticle

However my question was not about this particular class. After Khaled
pointed out how one can access in svn changed classes/packages in TL
and realize what has been changed, the natural question is if there
are any resources showing removal of packages (except tlmgr.log on my
computer).

Any sysadmin would not be very happy to have a couple of users
screaming "bloody murder! what did you do with my favourite
package!!!!" without knowing the answer "Elsevier pulled it off and
replaced by elsarticle".

Victor--