[tex-live] TeX Live installation tools

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Nov 3 17:17:44 CET 2010

On Mi, 03 Nov 2010, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
> For those of us lacking prescience, what might be a suitable substitute
> for "...." in "tlmgr postaction ...." ?

Reading the w32client2010 script would help ... I had to do it myself ;-)
And the same with the tlmgr man page

Adding the binary dir to the sarch path
	tlmgr path add		(with optional --w32mode=user or admin)
Adding the shortcuts for several programs
	tlmgr postaction install shortcut dviout.win32 texworks texlive-en tlpsv.win32
(all with option --w32mode)

Adding file associations
	tlmgr postaction install fileassoc dviout.win32 tlpsv.win32 texworks.win32
with options --w32mode, --fileassocmode

Run xetex postaction script:
	tlmgr postaction install script xetex
(with optional ....)

That should get you going.

With the w32client2010 script you get in addition an entry in the
uninstall program section, and an additional shortcut with
TeX Live Prompt.

Reading the man page of tlmgr would give you also the options
	tlmgr path add
	tlmgr postaction install shortcut --all
	tlmgr postaction install fileassoc --all
	tlmgr postaction install script --all
which should do the same, more or less.

Best wishes

Norbert