[tex-live] minor tlmgr -gui issues

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon May 31 11:03:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

Two small things:

* If there is an infra update, tlmgr quits itself after installing it.
This works fine, but the last thing the operating system reports to
me is a segfault:

Executing action update texlive.infra
[1/1, ??:??/??:??] update: texlive.infra [215k] (18585 -> 18612) ... done
running mktexlsr ...
done running mktexlsr.
Completed.
Segmentation fault

It is harmless in the sense that tlmgr has completed all tasks already,
but the segfault is a bit ugly. Somehow I keep forgetting to
run gdb to see where it crashes, so no extra information.

* A purely cosmetic thing: after a context update, I get this report

regenerating fmtutil.cnf in /home/taco/texlive/2010/texmf-var
running fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-fr ...
done running fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-fr.
running fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-ro ...
done running fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-ro.
running fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-it ...
done running fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-it.
running fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-nl ...
done running fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-nl.
running fmtutil-sys --byfmt metafun ...
done running fmtutil-sys --byfmt metafun.
running fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-en ...
done running fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-en.
running fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-de ...
done running fmtutil-sys --byfmt cont-de.
Completed.

This also lists the formats that are disabled in fmtutil.cnf, so the
messages are mildly misleading: they imply that the cont-fr etc.
formats are actually generated. I have no idea whether this is
easy to change, but it would be nice if it could print 'disabled' or
something like that for the formats that actually are disabled.

Best wishes,
Taco