[tex-live] Behaviour of texdoc script

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at freenet.de
Sun May 30 21:16:55 CEST 2010

Am 30.05.2010 um 16:55 schrieb Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard:

>> At some time in TeX Live 2009 the texdoc script lost its ability to
>> start its search for documentation in the current working
>> directory. I
>> therefore preferred TL '08 a lot, because texdoc was set up in AUCTeX
>> for my Emacsen as viewer for all *TeX output.
>>
> I wasn't aware texdoc was used this way.

Maybe it was only me who recommended in TeX or Emacs related lists the
use of texdoc since years... It's really very useful!

> It just so happens, I recently introduced the (for now undocumented,
> but I'll
> change that since it seems to be useful) option --just-view that
> does just that:
> open the given file (full name (or even path) expected) in the
> viewer used by
> texdoc, precisely for that purpose (sharing viewer settings between
> texdoctk and
> texdoc).
>
> I hope it fulfils your needs.

Yes, thank you, it does! Few tests with updated setups for AUCTeX
worked fine for PDF and DVI output files.

--
Greetings

   Pete

The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget
cuts.