[tex-live] 64-bit OS X

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 28 10:49:06 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 01:42, Karl Berry wrote:
>    is there a reason why they are not "recognized" by default?
>
> Dick strongly encouraged (more like "told me in no uncertain terms" :)
> me to just always default to universal-darwin and leave any select of
> the 64-bit binaries to the user.
>
> Further questions to Dick :).

Thank you. He answered me already that he did that on purpose. Locally
I installed 64-bit binaries and have set up the path to point to
those, so that's still fine.

At least until OS X 10.7 is out, defaulting to universal binaries
should work fine, so that's OK. (I wouldn't be surprised if one would
have to install a compatibility module to get the 32-bit binaries
working on 10.7, but by that time TL 2011 should be out already.)

Mojca

(The most important member of ConTeXt community would like to run the
binaries on iPad, but since none of them work on it, it's pretty
irrelevant which ones are chosen by default :) :) :) :)