[tex-live] Using tlmgr to update TL2010 pretest

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu May 27 13:37:08 CEST 2010

Howdy,

Now that I've got the MacTeX(TeX Live)-2010 pretest installed I've set up TeX Live Utility (a front end for tlmgr on Mac) to work with the pretest repository at math.utah.edu. My first use updated tlmgr 18496 (which supports persistent connection). When downloading all the packages I got multiple messages like

/usr/texbin/tlmgr: (make_container __BACKUP_context.universal-darwin.r16044.tar) bin/universal-darwin/mpstools does not exist

referring to mpstools, mptopdf, mtxtools, pdftools, pstopdf, runtools, texfont, textools, texutil, tfmtools, and xmltools. Then the context update times out and tlmgr retried with wget; I don't know if that succeeded or not. I got some messages similar to the one above concerning some doc files for moderncv. Finally I got the failure to generate the ptex plain format mentioned in other messages.

I'm not sure any of this is significant but wanted to pass this on.

Most items (and there were quite a few) seemed to update fine.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)