[tex-live] Problem Installin Emerald.sty

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri May 21 21:07:39 CEST 2010

On 21 May 2010 Panciz wrote:

 > I tried to manually install the emerald package.
 >
 > I copied the fonts and fonts trees in texmf and texmf-dist and a I
 > ran
 >
 > updmap --enable emerlad.map
 > updmap-sys --enable emerlad.map

Please try

 updmap --enable-Map=emerlad.map

or

 updmap-sys --enable-Map=emerlad.map

respectively.

 > If I compile my latex file as superuser everything works but when I
 > try to run as normal user I get:
 >
 > pdflatex file.tex
 >
 > kpathsea:Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+480/600 --dpi 480 faumw8r
 > mktexpk:don't know how to create bitmap font for faumw8r.
 > kpathsea:Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
 >
 > Only as superuser I can get through the compilation.

I assume that you didn't install TeX Live as root.  Right?  (There is
nothing wrong installing TL as a non-privileged user.

 > All the user have read permission on the font files.

It doesn't look like a file permission issue.  There seems to be
something wrong with pdftex.map.

 > I use tex-live2009 on slackware13.
 >
 > Any idea???

See my response to Lars' mail.