[tex-live] include directories to search for additonalfileslike *.bib *.sty, etc.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon May 17 00:44:39 CEST 2010

    no-one has since got around to reviewing it in light of its (non-)licence.

Right.

As I've written before, I have not attempted to systematically eliminate
all packages with license "unknown".  That seemed too drastic to me,
although some distros are doing it.  What should be done, in my view, is
to try to contact the authors instead of just deleting them wholesale
since it is certain that most/all authors would be fine with a free
license if asked, and just didn't even think about it back then.  It is
the price we pay for working with a system that predates the current
strict license interpretations by many years.

Anyway, I removed ltablex.  I'll try writing the addresses in the file,
but have little hope that they will work.

karl