[tex-live] $TEXMFHOME not working right

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri May 14 14:01:01 CEST 2010

Le 14/05/2010 13:51, George N. White III a écrit :
> Because when running xelatex, the xelatex paths are searched first
> (here I have duplicated your HOMETEXMF layout):
>
> $ kpsewhich -all fontspec.sty
> /Users/gwhite/Library/texmf/tex/latex/fontspec/fontspec.sty
> /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/fontspec/fontspec.sty
> $ kpsewhich fontspec.sty
> /Users/gwhite/Library/texmf/tex/latex/fontspec/fontspec.sty
>
> but, if you tell kpsewhich to search for xelatex thingies:
>
> $ kpsewhich -progname=xelatex fontspec.sty
> /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/fontspec/fontspec.sty
>
> When adding updated versions of files that exist under texmf-dist, the
> general rule is to copy the same directory structure, so you should
> be using "/home/chesky/texmf/tex/xelatex/fontspec/fontspec.sty".

By the way, it is in principle correct to install the newest version of fontspec
in tex/latex, since it works with both xelatex and lualatex. In my personal
setup, that's what I'm doing, and I made a symlink in tex/xelatex:

mpg at roth:~/texmf/tex/xelatex% ls -l fontspec
lrwxrwxrwx 1 mpg mpg 17 avril 10 14:30 fontspec -> ../latex/fontspec

to work around this problem.

Manuel.