[tex-live] bug report: dvisvgm cannot use TL

Ingo Krabbe ikrabbe.ask at googlemail.com
Wed May 5 18:30:23 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 12:21:12PM -0300, George N. White III wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 5:49 AM, Axel Strübing <axel.struebing at freenet.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried dvisvgm on two linux distributions, OpenSUSE 11.1 x86_64, debian etch
> > i386.
> > This program has to be compiled against libkpathsea, which TL does not provide
> > and therefore had been installed from the distribution(s).

Sorry that I haven't read the full thread, and switch in lately, it would be
nice anyway if you could provide a stable use case for dvisvgm, I mean how to
break it on your side, to check if I have the same problem here.

Maybe its a problem of the Suse distribution.  It seems that the gentoo
distribution doesn't have this problem (though TL-2009 is still marked beta there).

But I'm not very sure about that as I just do some first experiments with
dvisvgm, which worked quite nice, though I'm not that happy with my browsers SVG
Viewer, yet.

For anyone who likes using gentoo too I build a quick dvisvgm-9999.ebuild that
installs the latest dvisvgm from the mercurial repositories head.

On first sight this ebuild works compiled against the texlive-core-2009 gentoo
package, which installs a libkpathsea.so.5.0.0 .

bye ingo