[tex-live] PS_View

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Mar 28 13:03:24 CEST 2010

I re-installed PS_View (some CTAN ftp servers were refusing anonymous
connections : security lockdown ?), and agree that all that seems
to be available is a compiled HELP file from which one can generate
single pages of PDF but not a composite linked document.  It might be
worth asking the two Ps if they can offer it in linked PDF format.

But a related question : why, as far as TL Manager is concerned,
is it called "tlpsv" ?  Surely (a) it isn't specifically TeX-Live
(hence why "tl" prefix), and (b) it presents itself as PS_View, so
if a user (such as myself) wants to remove (uninstall) it, finding
it in the list of installed components is extraordinarily difficult
(who would think to look for "tlpsv" without prior knowledge ?).

** Phil.
--------