[tex-live] PS_View

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Mar 24 18:15:57 CET 2010

[Re-sent : no signs of emergence after seven hours]

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

 > I guess the problem is not actually PS_View being installed, but rather that the
 > PDF files are now associated with it. I seem to remember there is an option
 > about that in the installer (even in wizard mode). Anyway, you can undo the
 > associations with
 >
 > tlmgr postinstall remove fileassoc tlpsv.win32
 >
 > Alternatively, of course you can just plain remove PS_view using tlmgr, either
 > in GUI mode or in command line mode:
 >
 > tlmgr remove --force tlpsv

Thank you, Manuel.  Unfortunately option (2) "[Y]ou can just plain remove
PS_view using tlmgr [...] in GUI mode" does not seem possible, and I have
deliberately not tried the other two so as to be able to help you identify
the problem with (2).  Under TeX Live Manager 2009, tab "Remove",
I see nothing between "tlc2" and "tocbind", whilst strict alpha
order would suggest that "tlpsv" should lie between.  Furthermore,
there is no instance of "psv" at its natural location (between
"psutils" and "ptptex") [I checked just in case the "tl" was an
error in your original suggestion].  Finally, TeXdoc fails to
throw up any information for any of :

     TeXdoc PS_View
     TeXdoc psv
     TeXdoc tlpsv