[tex-live] TL-2009 : Installation flexibility and configurability

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Mar 23 22:03:10 CET 2010

Norbert Preining wrote:

 > Not supported. You can relocate it by hand, but that will break updates.

OK, thanks Norbert.

 > Allowing this to be configurable makes updates over the network
 > quasi impossible.

It would be nice if it could be configurable in a future release.

Incidentally, having just completed a virgin install from DVD,
I notice that unlike many other packages, it doesn't immediately
go off to see if there are updates available; do you think it
might be worthwhile adding this feature for TL-2010 ?

** Phil.