[tex-live] bug in arabxetex package

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Thu Mar 18 15:15:20 CET 2010

On 17/03/2010 23:03, Karl Berry wrote:
>      >  The sty file is named araxetex.sty instead of arabxetex.sty. This is a
>      >  typo and it breaks the package.
>
> I cannot say for sure what happened, but I suspect that
> arabxetex.tds.zip contained the wrongly-named file when I installed the
> update.  (When .tds.zip is provided, all we do is use it as-is.)  Then
> later it got updated, but I failed to notice; that check is not easy to
> automate.

I still have the zip file that I uploaded to CTAN. The file was named
correctly. However the path in the tds.zip was incorrect (it was under
tex/xelatex/ instead of tex/xelatex/arabxetex/) and Karl fixed it after
informing me. Probably he introduced the typo when he corrected the path
inside the tds.zip. No offense taken, it would not have happened if I
had provided a correct tds.zip in the first place :)

Best,
François