[tex-live] TexLive Debian package with texlive-fonts-extra

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 00:55:03 CET 2010

2010/3/17 Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:
> Hi Tim,
>
> I'm not sure if it's necessary, but perhaps you need to use the XeTeX
> engine (e.g., run "xelatex" instead of "latex" or "pdflatex") for direct
> support of Unicode Cherokee.  I have no experience with anything related
> to that, so can't advise further ...

XeLaTeX usage is very simple, there are just a few differences. You
must not use inputenc and fontenc packages because everything is in
Unicode. Most documents will require \usepackage{fontspec} and that's
all you need. And you should read the manual of fontspec in order to
understand how to load fonts and use font features.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/