[tex-live] Supportfiles for affordable Fontsite fonts - why not on CTAN?

Christopher League league at contrapunctus.net
Wed Mar 17 08:54:36 CET 2010

If somebody really wanted to push these Fontsite support files to CTAN, I would cooperate. Just make sure they work for you first with the latest CD (is it even still available?).. because even I don't use them anymore.

Most of the basic families are very usable (New Baskerville definitely an exception), but it took an enormous amount of work to tame them for TeX.. plucking glyphs out of expert sets that don't consistently obey any standard encoding, for example. And with each new edition of the CD the encodings would change!

I think some of the families are now available for separate download, and I have no idea whether these continue to work with the existing support files. It's not something I want to bother with anymore, when XeTeX and professional OTFs work so much better with way less hassle. I got the Adobe Type Classics CD and never looked back.

Chris