[tex-live] error in supp-pdf.mkii again?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Mar 11 11:06:07 CET 2010

On Do, 11 Mär 2010, Philipp Stephani wrote:
> supp-pdf is from ConTeXt, and the LaTeX naming conventions just don't apply for ConTeXt.  I think there is no distinction between "internal" and "public" names in ConTeXt.

But supp-pdf is now loaded at *every* latex run where graphicx is loaded,
AFAIS.

And in addition, even if many other packages do the same, supp-pdf
seems to be the only one making it break. Manuel mentioned fancyhdr and
hyperref, but both do NOT break:

Good:
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{hyperref,fancyhdr}
\newcommand{\undefined}{\textbf{undefined}}
\begin{document}
Hello World \undefined
\end{document}

Bad:
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\newcommand{\undefined}{\textbf{undefined}}
\begin{document}
Hello World \undefined
\end{document}

That is not a good situation.

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force