[tex-live] preview.sty / tlmgr vs AucTeX

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Mon Mar 8 12:52:15 CET 2010

Hi,

I just noticed that tlmgr and AucTeX install preview.sty (et al.) in two different branches of the TeXLive tree (in Debian, but I guess it might be the same in other distros).

I had done a tlmgr update of TeXLive a few days ago (24 Feb), and yesterday I updated AucTeX (from 11.85 to 11.86).

tlmgr had installed preview.sty 11.86 (et al.) in

/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/preview/

whereas AucTeX installed it in

/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf/tex/latex/preview/

kpsewhich shows that the one used is

/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf/tex/latex/preview/preview.sty

that is, the one installed by AucTeX; both are, as said, v11.86. I think it would be better if both installers look into the same branch to do the updates.

Best,

Axel