[tex-live] SyncTeX should always write absolute paths

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Fri Mar 5 21:56:30 CET 2010

Am 03.10.2009 um 22:52 schrieb Philipp Stephani:

> Am 03.10.2009 um 22:13 schrieb Karl Berry:
>
>> Hi Philipp,
>>
>>   probably this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm unsure who exactly is
>>   responsible for SyncTeX in TeX Live.
>>
>> Jerome Laurens is the author of SyncTeX and would be the one to make
>> this decision.  He does not read this list.  Please write him directly.
>
> Thanks for the hint. I'm posting a bug report at https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=58056&atid=486369 instead (I think this is more appropriate).

Jérôme has posted a comment:

“In fact, the current behavior is to write what TeX gives. This can differ from OS to OS and from distribution to distribution. Adding some filename management to SyncTeX would add too much overhead. Given a synctex file, the input file should be searched in the output directory and all the directories above.”

So if SyncTeX is not going to change, TeX Live and/or Skim should.