[tex-live] Running In Ubuntu, within Virtualbox on Windows

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 12:25:10 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 7:12 AM, Philip Stubbs <philip at stuphi.co.uk> wrote:

> I Have Ubuntu Linux installed within a virtualbox on top of a Windows
> system. My files are on a windows server that I can mount within
> Ubuntu. I can see and edit my files from within Ubuntu just fine.
> However, when I try and run LaTeX, it complains that the file is not
> found.
>
> Does anybody have a clue as to what is going wrong?

We need more information.  You should provide the exact command
and error message.

> If I have not explained the situation well enough, please say so that
> I can add any extra information that may help sort this issue out.

Are you using CTAN TeX Live that you installed yourself or the
Ubuntu packaged version?   If CTAN, did you install TL on the windows
drive or in the virtual disk?

Does LateX work if you copy the file to the virtual disk?

Are you using a GUI environment to run LaTeX or the command
line?

What happens if you run "pdflatex sample2e" in a terminal?

> Regards,
> --
> Philip Stubbs

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia