[tex-live] use of x86_64-darwin only in mactex 2010

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Jun 20 18:58:47 CEST 2010

Hi Emanuele,

please keep questions on the texlive mailing list, so many more
people can answer.

On So, 20 Jun 2010, Emanuele Rodo wrote:
> I wonder if it is possible to only use x86_64 packages rather than e.g.
> having something like -

> Updating dvipdfm
> Updating dvipdfmx.universal-darwin
> Updating dvipdfmx.x86_64-darwin

Yes, one of the two can be eliminated. I don't know about how
MacTeX is installing things.

I am myself not sure how this should be achieved. Certainly at the moment
you are simply using the universal-darwin binaries as far as I see.

If you use the normal texlive installer and it does select universal-darwin
for you, you can override that with
	install-tl -force-arch x86_64-darwin <other option>

> I noticed the presence of both
>
> /usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/universal-darwin/tlmgr
>
> and
>
> /usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/x86_64-darwin/tlmgr.

Yes, and much more, all binaries in bin/*-darwin/ are double.

> What change is to be made in the tlmgr configuration file? Is it then
> possible to delete /usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/universal-darwin/tlmgr?

I wrote how I would do it on Unix or Mac with the normal TeX Live installer.

If you used MacTeX please ask on the MacTeX list or wait for answer here,
normally there are some people with MacTeX knowledge around.

Best wishes

Norbert
what does teleport mean?'
Another moment passed.
Slowly, the others turned to face him.
It's just
I remember you use the word a short while ago and I only
bring it up because...'
does it say teleport?'
`Well, just over here in fact,' said Arthur, pointing at a
dark control box in the rear of the cabin, `Just under the
word "emergency", above the word "system" and beside the
sign saying "out of order".'
                 --- Arthur finding an escape route from a certain death
                 --- situation.