[tex-live] [OS X TeX] texlive.infra: "local version is newer"

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 17:15:40 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Patrick Wambacq
<Patrick.Wambacq at esat.kuleuven.be> wrote:

> I am seeing the following message in TLU:
> texlive.infra
> status: local version is newer
> installed: 18166
> remote: 17958
> when trying to update. This is the output of tlmgr --version:
>
> tlmgr revision 18011 (2010-04-26 21:41:33 +0200)
> tlmgr using installation: /usr/local/texlive/2009
> TeX Live (http://tug.org/texlive) version 2009
>
> I googled the status message but did not find any results.
> Everything in TeXLive seems to work.
>
> Can someone tell me what this message means? Should
> I do something about it?

This question could be answered ONLY by TL team and I forward your
question there
My own versions of texlive.infra coincides with remote and tlmgr
--version returns 17811

It looks like your local version numbers are not right but they are in
TL2009 rather then TL2010 range

Victor