[tex-live] How to update x86_64-darwin binary in tlmgr

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 13:17:31 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 12:52, George N. White III wrote:

> I'm not sure there is any great advantage to using x86_64-darwin
> binaries for most people, but there were problems with xetex x86_64,
> so
> it would be good if those with Snow Leopard give the 64-bit binaries a
> workout.

I'm using them exclusively since TL pretest came out and they seem to
be working without any problem (but I have installed TL from a script,
not from MacTeX since I didn't want to download gigabytes just for
testing and I have already chosen to install x86_64 during
installation).

(Other users of ConTeXt distribution are also using the basic binaries
from TeX Live and there has been no error report so far. Well, we
spent several days trying to figure out why LuaTeX didn't
cross-compile and then one more day trying to circumvent a problematic
piece of code in ./configure ... and then exactly that piece of code
went away when AIX binaries didn't want to compile.)

Mojca