[tex-live] ConTeXt in TL on Windows broken

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jun 1 21:49:30 CEST 2010

On 1 June 2010 taco wrote:

 > It is possible (I assume) that cmd.exe does look at the current
 > directory as well as PATH, but the API call does not.

You can download the MSVC-compiler from Microsoft.  It's supposed to
be free beer (legally) but please don't complain about the taste.

It contains the source code of the C runtime library (msvcrt.dll).
The source code itself is not very interesting but some of the
comments in the sources are probably a bit helpful.

However, they are only a bit helpfull because Microsoft never tells
the whole truth.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25