[tex-live] some comments and questions about gui

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 1 20:56:04 CEST 2010

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> On Di, 01 Jun 2010, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> > - gui that shows packages doesn't scale too well (if I extend it, the
> > lightblue-darkblue pattern stops at some point; it's not possible to
> > change width of column)
>
> True, that is because the columns have a fixed width.
>
> > - If I want to see the version of 'plain', I cannot - it spans into
> > two rows since the version is so long
>
> On Unix it fits. Strange.

itym "with my text size, it fits".

(on my windows machines, i use approx. the same text size as on my linux
machines.  my wife doesn't use any unix-alike, but has *huge* text
because she has chronically bad eyesight.)

> > - What do I need to do if I want better documentation for hyphen-foo packages?
>
> Double click the line.
>
> And if that does not suffice, edit all the hyphen-*.tlpsrc files
> to include shortdesc, longdesc.

aren't these derived from the ctan catalogue?  if so, the route would be
via me, since i do most of the catalogue editing.

robin