[tex-live] ConTeXt in TL on Windows broken

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 1 18:30:35 CEST 2010

On 1 June 2010 16:12, Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If binaries are not on the PATH in TL then it is misconfigured.  I can
>> fix this for mtxrun in context but there are likely other places in TL
>> that might break for the same reason.  In other words, we can't
>> guarantee that things will work w/o bin/win32 on the PATH.
>
> Path was set to
>    C:\programi\texlive\2010\bin\win32;%PATH
> The command
>    texlua --version
> and all other binaries worked fine, but mtxrun didn't find texlua.exe.
>
> But then: that PATH wasn't really properly set anyway.

I don't understand.  If you were able to call 'texlua --version', I
don't see how mtxrun could fail (assuming it was started from the same
process/command window).  In both cases the same PATH had to be
searched for the binary, so it's impossible it succeeded in one case
and failed in another (windows is weird, but not that weird).

Cheers,

Tomek