[tex-live] Problem in updating texlive-2009

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 09:39:27 CEST 2010

S. venkataraman <svenkat at ignou.ac.in> wrote:

> As George said, I have installed texlive from scratch.
> Earlier, I had a fairly up to date installation of texlive 2009.�
> I have formatted my hard disk and installed texlive 2009, CTAN� DVD
> version, not the Ubuntu version.� So, I know that updates do exist .
> I have tried dante, cambridge and
> default ctan site without any success.�

cambridge is probably your best bet, or utah (i _know_ cambridge has
lots of bandwidth, but i'm merely guessing from what i know of the place
about utah).

a pity that there's no registered mirror in india, but it does take
effort...

unfortunately your email address gives no indication of where you
actually are (it points at google), so i can't form an opinion of where
the bottleneck might be.

feel free to drop me a (private) line at ctan-uk at tex.ac.uk if you want
me to keep an eye on the logs when you try to connect to *.tex.ac.uk.

Robin Fairbairns

For the CTAN team