[tex-live] textlive seems to ignore top of home tree

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 23 10:51:49 CEST 2010

Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:

> Furthermore, I fully agree with Victor Ivrii:
>
>  > Sorry, you (Manuel) MUST UNDERSTAND that this person is on SOCIAL
>  > MISSION, which is definitely way more important than TL2010 release
>  > and all unintended side-effects and unforeseen consequences and YOU
>  > as a PERSON IN POWER should bend over to make him feel good.
>
> You might claim that it's too sarcasic, too impolite, ... , but it's
> the truth, sorry.

sarcasm is only improper if it comes, as a result of total exhaustion of
patience, from a member of the tl team.

of course, the op obviously believes, as did a rather earlier of the
same name

  Conticuere omnes intentique ora tenebant

i.e., everyone shuts up and listens carefully ... when he starts to
speak (or, in the original

  inde toro pater Aeneas sic orsus ab alto

)

i'd better shut up now, or people will start associating *me* with the
tl team, whereas all *i* do is distribute the stuff.

robin