[tex-live] sTeX in TL?

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 11:01:10 CEST 2010

On 18/07/2010, at 5:55 PM, Robin Fairbairns wrote:

> Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Have I missed something (wouldn't be the first time), or is sTeX
>> missing from TeX Live?
>>
>>    <http://tug.ctan.org/pkg/stex>
>>
>> The package is pretty monolithic,
>
> i don't think it is, but i'm not entirely sure.  it's one of the things
> i've had on my list to work on for some time -- to check and if
> necessary write separately catalogue the bits -- but just lately there's
> been a bit of a rush of other tex work.

I guess "monolithic" was the wrong word. I meant "there's a lot in there and it's not clear to me -- on first look -- how it all relates to each other". What's currently in the catalogue is fine, IMO, considering the documentation of the suite itself.

>> so I can't tell exactly whether
>> (say) all of its sources are there or not,
>
> on cursory inspection, i think they are.  however, if you were to demand
> assurance, i couldn't yet give it.

Right I agree; it seems like everything is composed of dtx files and their extractions.

-- Will