[tex-live] Pretest TL2010 (successes)

Pavel Striz striz at fame.utb.cz
Thu Jul 15 15:26:31 CEST 2010

Good afternoon, dear developers,

I've played a dummy and tried a couple of things on Ubuntu 9.10.

To the "Installing" section of http://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html.
install-tl doesn't work for me as I'm using a specific directory. I can use:
./install-tl
perl install-tl

http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/install-tl-unx.tar.gz
./install-tl -repository ftp://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/tlpretest/
The release version of the installation source and the installation media do not agree:
source: 2010
media: 2009
install-tl line 463
That's correct.

http://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/tlpretest/install-tl-unx.tar.gz
./install-tl
The release version of the installation source and the installation media do not agree:
source: 2009
media: 2010
install-tl line 471
That's correct.

http://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/tlpretest/install-tl-unx.tar.gz
./install-tl -repository ftp://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/tlpretest/
!! default location is not writable, please select a different one!
That's correct.

http://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/tlpretest/install-tl-unx.tar.gz
sudo ./install-tl -repository ftp://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/tlpretest/
password
"I" for Installation

After setting .bashrc everything looks fine.
---

Microsoft Windows XP

ftp://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/tlpretest/install-tl.zip
install-tl -repository ftp://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/tlpretest/
Log out, log in.
Everything looks fine here.
----

Well, pTeX and pLaTeX are really there!

I can recommend you this webpage (Fujita Shinsaku) with some additional packages:
http://xymtex.com/fujitas2/texlatex/

Also packages as zhspacing, gezhu (Jjgod Jiang) and other CJKV-related packages might be added to CTAN / TeX Live one day.
http://code.google.com/p/zhspacing/
http://code.google.com/p/gezhu/

Thank you for TeX Live and all the best!

Pavel Striz