[tex-live] packaging

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Jul 12 14:31:26 CEST 2010

Am Sat, 10 Jul 2010 23:30:32 +0100 (BST) schrieb
cfrees at imapmail.org:

> I'm not sure what the last entry on the .map file lines does:
>  	" fontinst-autoenc-ts1-euro ReEncodeFont "
> This matches the following line in the encoding file:
>  	/fontinst-autoenc-ts1-euro [
> Does this need to match the filename? Or can this be left?

It doesn't need to match the filename. There is no problem if you
have a "/my-special-encoding" in a myspeenc.enc file.

But you should make sure that /my-special-encoding is a unique name.
You shouldn't have two different encodings in files with different
names which use the same name for the encoding. pdflatex will not
care much as it looks mostly at the file name in the map-file, but
dvips will not reload an encoding if an encoding with the same name
as already been used.

--
Ulrike Fischer