[tex-live] [XeTeX] TeXLive Pretest - XeTeX segfaults on LInux 64

ulrik.vieth at arcor.de ulrik.vieth at arcor.de
Mon Jul 12 10:21:48 CEST 2010

I did check with ldd, but I don't have the exact ouput at hand.
AFAIK, the XeTeX-modified ICU library was statically linked.
Only stuff like fontconfig or zlib was dynamically linked.

I am running Ubuntu 10.4 on AMD 64, but I haven't checked yet
which libaries are provided as 64 bit versions.

I wouldn't assume that the problem is with dynamic linking per se.
I rather suspect that there are some issues with parsing the
font information on 64 bit systems in general. It doesn't always
produce segfaults, but it may simply produce incorrect results.

When I first reported it to the XeTeX list some weeks ago,
my problem was confirmed to exists on Solaris 64 as well,
so this seems to be a generic problem of 64 bit architectures.

Regards, Ulrik