[tex-live] your eqexam package

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Jul 9 18:09:41 CEST 2010

Norbert,

I agree with everything you said, but with two exceptions.

Le 09/07/2010 17:55, Norbert Preining a écrit :
> This is the way these kinds are handled in Debian, and TeX Live
> follows the DFSG with the exception of GFDL with invariant sections.

There are other differences between TL and Debian. For example, we accept
documents using proprietary fonts, while Debian doesn't, AFAIK.

> I think that clearly states our position. Further discussion can be
> please done on debian-devel or somewhere else to get explanations of
> what DFSG means.

I don't think TL is bound to follow the Debian rules. However, I agree with your
statement in the following sense: if someone wants to discuss free software
definitions in general (such as what is a "source") and their relevance, there
are more appropriate places than the TL list.

How we apply the rules to concrete cases in the TeX workd, OTOH, is IMO
perfectly on-topic here, provided that the discussion doesn't degenerate (too much).

Otherwise, I repeat, I agree with everything you stated.

Manuel.