[tex-live] your eqexam package

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 13:51:47 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)
<P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> T T wrote:
>
>> No, we don't agree.  You are trying to justify distribution of any
>> digital work without the source -- one can always claim that a
>> magnetic needle and a steady hand were enough to create them.  This
>> *IS* ridiculous.  Please, stop.
>
> I have stopped.  It is clear that there are two diametrically
> opposed points of view, and (sadly) little likelihood of
> finding a mutually agreeable solution, although it will
> be interesting to learn if Don Story is willing to have
> his work re-instated with a link such as Victor & Manuel
> propose (I personally hope very much that he is).
>
> ** Phil.

I do not see a great problem if some particular package is not
included into TL as long as this package is maintained on CTAN in the
standard form AND in tds. The good question is "if documentation comes
without source, should be it on CTAN?". If I am not mistaken on of the
answers is "NO" and this I find problematic as we are sure that CTAN
will exist forever (at least long enough) but we cannot be that sure
about acrotex.net.

Victor