[tex-live] your eqexam package

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Jul 9 12:35:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

Le 09/07/2010 10:35, Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
> Am Fri, 9 Jul 2010 04:11:31 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:
>> And refusing to publish the doc sources is silly, isn't it?

The above sentence is strictly Reinhard's opinion and wording, it is in no way
the general position of the TeX Live team.

> I accept that the TeXLive team doesn't include my documentation and
> I will not ridicule or sneer at it in any way: TeXLive is _your_
> package and you decide about the content. But I would really like it
> if members of the TeXLive team would in return not ridicule or sneer
> at the decisision I and Don made about their packages and their
> content.

I agree with you. Again, this was Reinhard's opinion, not the official position
of TeX Live.

(More generally, I think it would be good if members of the team could avoid
offensive messages here, be it about author's choices or user's OSes, ...)

> If it makes you happy you can naturally also remove my packages. It
> was the decision of the TeXLive team to include them and it's up to
> the team to decide if when and how to remove them. I don't mind. I
> put the stuff on CTAN without restrictions and everyone is free to
> use or not to use it.

Well, our rules are quite clear: we value free documentation as much as free
software, but lack of documentation sources is in no way a reason to remove a
package from TeX Live (as far as the code itself is free): only the incriminated
file is removed. Nobody wants your packages removed from TeX Live.

Manuel.