[tex-live] TL 2010 installation does not correctly set path in presence of TL 2009

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 7 01:12:58 CEST 2010

On 6 July 2010 22:23, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
> On 6 July 2010 Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
>
>  > >
>  > >>> Perhaps the installer should try to detect such cases and issue
>  > >>> a warning, but it is the little surprises that keep life
>  > >>> interesting.
>  > >>>
>  > >> It seems to me the installer is already doing that. From Phil's

There are hooks in TLUtils::tlwarn sub that could be used to, say,
gather all warning messages in a global array and then, if this array
is not empty at the end of installation, spit them out in a message
box or something.  Would anyone be willing to look into that? (asking
in hope to outsource the idea :)

Cheers,

Tomek